Organic green lentils are very low in fat and sodium. They are a good source of cholesterol lowering fibre, B vitamins such as folates and proteins. Green lentils also provide excellent amount of minerals such as iron, phosphorous, copper and manganese.
These are some of the benefits of taking organic green lentils:
- They are a good source of cholesterol lowering fibre, B vitamins such as folates and proteins
- Contains an excellent amount of minerals such as iron, phosphorous, copper and manganese.
- Cook lentils in a saucepan or pot of boiling water
- After boiling, put a lid on the saucepan and reduce the heat to low
- Cook until the lentils are tender, this will take about 20 minutes
- Drain when the lentils are fully coked
Serving Size 1/4 cup (49g)
Calories: 180 kcal
Total fat: 0.9g/2%
– Calories from Fat: 9g
– Total carbohydrate: 30g/10%
Vitamin A: 2%
Dietary Fibre: 10g/40%
Vitamin C: 0%